http://johannemoorephotography.smugmug.com

Friday, December 9, 2011

Pucker Up!


From top to bottom: bravado, witty, confidence

I walked into my local beauty shop just to get some false lashes (unfortunately I have short stubby ones and need the help) to wear to an event I'm attending over the weekend when a new display caught my eye.  I'm a sucker for makeup, particularly color (eyeshadow, lipstick, eyeliner, etc.), so when I saw the new bareMinerals Pretty Amazing lipcolors I swooned. 

Pinks, nudes, and berries...all perfect for fall/winter or even all year-round.  I immediately fell in love with 3 colors: confidence, witty, and bravado.  Originally, I was only going to choose 1 but after trying them all on repeatedly, drying my lips out during the process, I caved in and bought them all.  I just couldn't choose!  Although I would wear the colors anytime and anywhere, confidence would be considered more of an everyday look because of its lighter pink shade.  Witty is a vampy, deep berry shade that would be great for a night out.  Bravado is a rose color that has a hint of orangey-brown and is a shade in-between the other two when it comes to lightness.

The product is so creamy and smooth and just glides onto my lips.  I love the applicator and its pointed tip for accurate application.  The color itself is very pigmented and goes on matte with a little bit of shine.  Without any gloss, my lips still feel moisturized, not dry like other matte lipsticks.  Since it's not a stain, you will have to reapply because it can be rubbed off.  However, what I like to do is, like with any other lipstick application, outline my lips with a similar shade of lip liner then apply the lipcolor and blot.  It stays longer and even if some of it rubs off, the lip liner underneath will still show.  You can buy them for $16 a piece (totally affordable) online by clicking this link bareMinerals Pretty Amazing or going to your nearest Sephora or Bare Escentuals store. 
From left to right: confidence, witty, bravado

No comments:

Post a Comment