http://johannemoorephotography.smugmug.com

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Fave Fall Trends 2012

My Fave Fall Trends 2012


Fall has to be one of my favorite seasons.  Do you know why?  The rich colors, textures and BOOTS galore!  I'll give you a run down of just a few of my fave trends.
  1. If it ain't "baroque" don't fix it!  HA!  What was big on the runway for fall were baroque inspired prints on dresses, skirts, blouses, even purses...pretty much everything.  The luxurious print adds a touch of class to any outfit and makes for a bold statement, like the sweater dress I feature above. 
  2. Floral!  I'm a girly girl and when I saw all the floral prints out in stores (shoes, bags, tops, bottoms) I was in heaven.  Obviously, I would have to keep the rest of my outfit simple to balance out the busy print and, just like the image above, I would also pair it with some rugged/ripped skinny jeans just to tone down the overtly girlyness of the blazer.  I would also choose some studded, spiked, moto-inspired boots or booties to complete the outfit just because I always like pairing opposites.  This blazer is a great piece to add to your work closet.  
  3. Bring out your WILD side!  Snake, zebra, leopard, crocodile...  Fashion is a ZOO right now!  I love all the animal prints and animal embossed leather that is saturating the stores.  Sam Edelman, one of my fave shoe designers, came out with an on-trend spiked, snake print, leather, crossbody satchel that is to die for.  Pour la victoire came out with a color-blocked, crocodile-embossed, leather satchel (loving the pop of burgundy on the sides).  Both purses have feminine shapes but the animal embossed leather and hardware keep it young, modern, and oh so CHIC!
  4. The color of amour.  Red, deep red, is the color of the season this year as you can see from the various items above.  It adds a beautiful pop of color to any outfit.  
  5. Booties!  Who doesn't wear boots for fall?  Remember when over-the-knee was THE boot to wear?  Well now the fashion pendulum has swung the other way to their shorter counterpart, the bootie.   A great pair are the Sam Edelman wedge booties seen above.  They take advantage of the on-trend color, which is gorgeous, and the comfy wedge heel assures that you can walk in them.
  6. Man it UP!  Yea I said it!  Men's-wear inspired shoes, like oxfords and loafers, are everywhere.  Dolce Vita, another one of my fave shoe designers, captures multiple trends in one shoe: crocodile embossed leather, cap toe, and men's wear inspired.  What more could you want?  
If you liked any of the items above, you can click on the links below and get them for yourself.  Have fun shopping for fall! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment