http://johannemoorephotography.smugmug.com

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Go To Pieces for Winter/Fall

Go To Pieces for Winter/Fall


Cordoroy pants
$38 - bloomingdales.com

Jeffrey Campbell spiked boots
£140 - oxygenboutique.com

Aldo jewelry
$12 - aldoshoes.com

American Apparel circle scarve
$28 - americanapparel.net

Prada retro shades
$205 - nordstrom.com


Black and maaaaybe some brown are my colors when it starts to get chilly.  Maybe because it's so slimming and makes me feel like a wintery, dark, stormy night...I don't know!  But I love it!!  Above are my recent faves and I rarely leave the house without at least one of the following items.  The moto jacket by bebe and the Jeffrey Campbell spiked boots are recent acquisitions that I have just fallen head over heels for.  

I love to layer during Fall and Winter because of the fickle weather here in California.  Layers keep me warm but I can peel them off if the weather becomes warm all of a sudden (it does happen!).  That is why if I'm going to talk about at least one of the pieces above, it would be the jacket.  The bebe moto jacket is great because it's not thick and bulky.  It is thin and perfect for layering on top of a long cami or tunic or even a blouse.  I also love the cropped nature of this jacket because large, bulky jackets tend to make me look larger and shorter than I really am.  Cropped jackets, when paired with longer blouses inside, help elongate your torso.

I love love love HUE's corduroy leggings.  I have them in black, brown, and forest green.  They are super comfy and they keep me WARM!!  They dress up any outfit because of their slight metallic sheen.  I've even worn them underneath dresses to keep away the chill.  I really recommend getting them in every color!

Kate Spade...  What more can I say about a brand that epitomizes classic femininity?  Their Gold Coast MaryAnne in black is the most versatile handbag.  Because of its roomy interior, I love using it for work.  Holds my iPad along with my everyday essentials and some paperwork as well.  It has a slight metallic sheen so it translates well to a "going out" bag.  It's classic shape and quality craftsmanship are sure to remain in style for years to come.

You may notice that I'm mixing pieces that are feminine, like the quilted kate spade purse and semi-transparent blouse, with edgier pieces, like the spiked boots and moto jacket.  There's just something about mixing soft feminine pieces with a hard rock edge that makes it look so chic.  Don't get me wrong, you can go full on feminine or full on rocker but sometimes it just looks like too much or overwhelming.  When I do a little bit of both it comes out just right.  If you throw in some pearls or bows, my favorite accessories, that would make it even better!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment