http://johannemoorephotography.smugmug.com

Monday, June 6, 2011

2nd Day as a Pincushion

Acupuncture...

Never thought I would ever let myself undergo a treatment.  I can't believe I let someone stick needles into my face.  *shudders*  Just thinking about it gives me the creeps. 

My second appointment wasn't as bad as the first since I already knew what to expect.  I was still nervous and the needles, going in, still hurt, especially the ones  that went in my cheek and on my forehead.  Those pressure points may be more sensitive than the others, I don't know.  The electricity used to stimulate the muscles/nerves in the right side of my face still hurt!  After the appointment, my head and jaw ached.  It was unpleasant, to say the least.  I just hope it's all worth it and that it works.

So far I can force my right eye to close.  That's pretty much it.  Oh, and my face isn't as droopy.  I still can't blink normally, taste is still missing, and no other movement in my face.  My only consolation is that it's only been 4 1/2 days.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment