http://johannemoorephotography.smugmug.com

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Update in My Life

Good news everyone!!  I'm BACK!  Well...at last 99% of me is back.  The right side of my face is still kinda sore and tight, as if I was bruised there, and my hearing is still kinda sensitive.  But I don't care!  At least I have my taste buds back!!  Food is YUMMY again and I've been buying all my fave foods just to remind myself why they're my fave foods.  *sigh*  I can eat again, drink without a straw...  Life is good!  The 1% I mentioned earlier, only I can really notice.  I'll just wait patiently for it to fully return to normal. 

I've discontinued my acupuncture treatments thank goodness because I am not, nor will I ever be, a big fan of needles and shock therapy.  I've just been massaging the area to get it to loosen up.  I'm very thankful to Dr. Yan of Alameda for my speedy recovery.  He was very patient with me and was very careful not to cause me more pain than I can handle.  So THANK YOU!!

Work has been extremely busy.  That's why when I come home I immediately feel like getting comfy in my jammies and losing myself in one of my e-books.  That's heaven to me!  Maybe with an occasional glass of wine, or hell pretty much anything with alcohol, as a bonus.  I'm very grateful that this weekend is a three day weekend!  HIP HIP HOORAY!!  That means an extra day I get to sleep in.  Sahweeeeet!

Anywho...I finally got around to taking a self-portrait with my camera.  You like?  I did a little photoshop magic, maybe covered up some zits ;) and voila...there's my new profile pic.  I have to say that I normally don't have to use the healing brush tool since I inherited fantastic, usually blemish-free, skin from my Mumsy.  But stress always has me breaking out like craaazy.

Well, it's getting late and I'm in the middle of a book that I just can't seem to put down (don't you just love books like that).  So if you don't mind (and even if you do) I'm signing out now...  PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST!  (Seriously though...that would be really nice...)

2 comments:

  1. Has it really been this long since I've checked your blog??? Geez!!! I'm so sorry!!! But I am ecstatic about your news! Sooooo happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete