http://johannemoorephotography.smugmug.com

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Adventures in Photoshop

I'm definitely still a newbie when it comes to working with Photoshop CS4.  Honestly, when I open up the program I'm overwhelmed with all the toolbars and buttons that are available.  I just wanted to show my progress after taking that photoshop class.  Here are two samples:

BEFORE
 
AFTER
I know the differences are a little subtle with this one but I think the flower in the second picture seems more alive and "pops" off the page a little more.

BEFORE
AFTER
You can definitely tell the difference right away in the last photograph.  The scenery was a little hazy that day, as you can see.  I wanted to bring out a little more color and I wanted the focus to be on the cute little girl just sitting there watching all the birds.

If you want to see a higher quality version of the pictures you can click on them in my blog slideshow. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed by your slide show on you page! I've been wanting to do a watermarking EXACTLY like yours for my photography, but to be honest, I just don't have the energy to deal with creating it and then saving it to Lightroom right now. If you get a chance and want to try a more user friendly program, download the free edition of Lightroom 3 from Adobe Photoshop. It really is the "go to" program for professional photographers, especially if you have a large amount of pictures you want to edit in a short time. Anyway... it looks like you're doing a fantastic job!!! Can't wait to see more and I'm SO glad you're posting more!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, B! Lightroom was actually recommended to me by my photography mentor so I'm buying it along with Adobe's Design Premium package that includes their newest Photoshop CS5. Thank goodness for my lil bro and his hookup within Adobe. I wouldn't be able to afford all those programs otherwise without the incredible discount.

    ReplyDelete